 Castle / 3415
Re: Peasants and armies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 13:41:39 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:

I think you need an opinion from someone other than a "Jeff".  ;-)

Hey guys,

I'd put this on my website put yahoo is reeeeeeeeeeeeeally sloooooow
tonight...

Check these out:
http://www.geocities.com/shiri_lego/Peas_assort.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/shiri_lego/armyview.jpg

Very nice assortment of figs.  I am trying to keep more peasants than soldiers
but it is a hard thing to do.  Its a good thing the Star Wars sets have good
parts.

My only comment is I don't like Silver Swords.  To me no sword should be as big
as the person carrying it. :-)  I think the Silver Sword is OK for a special or
Majical weapon but otherwise I try very hard not to use it.  That has been hard
though because I have a shortage of DkGray swords which means I have more
pikemen and archers than I'd like.  Speaking of archers I don't like the
crossbow either and the new sets have a ton.

Of course this is all just personal preferance so do what you like.

And a fourth installment of the inn updates:
http://www.geocities.com/shiri_lego/inn.html

The inn is coming along very nicely.  The bar seems a little high, your
innkeeper can barely see over it.  I guess she can just toss the drinks over.
Seriously though I might either lower the bar by a couple plate thicknesses or
I would raise the floor behind the bar so that your inn keeper can reach over.

I like your Keg behind the bar and your Well a lot.  I also like your door on
the other side and the red windows.  I wouldn't worry too much just yet about
color.  I would wait till you get that line of color installed I think you
might find it does wonders.  Plus if you plan on landscaping your inn with
flowers and bushes that helps a lot too.

If you look at my Inn I really don't have a lot of color up to the second floor
either.  The green shutters do add a little more color but that is it.  A lot
of my color comes from the red roof and the flowers all around the sides.  I
suppose the white window mullions do help brighten the building a bit as well.
Unfortunatly I don't know if there is anything but black inserts for the arched
windows.

You might consider changing your gray 1x1 rounds with tan that might help
brighten things a bit.

(BTW, I started to put the updates in reverse order. Does that work better or
not? Should I move the older updates somewhere else?)

I do like your page layout but it did take quite a while for your page to load
on through my modem.  You might want to consider either thumbnailing some of
your pictures or maybe just keeping two updates at a time on your page and move
the older versions to a second page linked to from your first.

LMKWYT,

Great work once again.  Like I said I wish I had documented some of my projects
from the begining.  You probably wouldn't recognize most of them.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

View My Creations at: