 Castle / 3422
Re: Peasants and armies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 21:54:12 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.castle, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:

I think you need an opinion from someone other than a "Jeff".  ;-)

Why?  :)

He's an Eric, don't ya see? He'll take any opportunity to run you Jeffs down
to earth. ;-)

Hey guys,

I'd put this on my website put yahoo is reeeeeeeeeeeeeally sloooooow
tonight...

Check these out:
http://www.geocities.com/shiri_lego/Peas_assort.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/shiri_lego/armyview.jpg

Very nice assortment of figs.  I am trying to keep more peasants than
soldiers
but it is a hard thing to do.  Its a good thing the Star Wars sets have good
parts.

Thanks! Right now I have just a little bit more soldiers than peasants... not
that I have enough of each anyhow...

Tell me about it.  I think my peasants are outnumbered 10 to 1 by soldiers.
The margin would be a lot closer if I decided to count my wolfpack and
forestmen as peasants, though.  ;)

The reason(s) I put in WP as peasants will become evident in my storyline.

I think it ties a lot into the fact that the WP aren't just "good guys"
or "bad guys" (like, for example, KK vs Moo-men, or RK vs FK) but they give
different connotations to every individual.
I remember that a while back there was a discussion about "good vs. evil" in
the Castle kingdoms. Nobody could agree on the WP, some saw them as good,
others as bad... or just neutral.

My only comment is I don't like Silver Swords.  To me no sword should be as
big as the person carrying it. :-)

I don't like Silver Swords, either, but for different reasons.  The silver
layering begins to flake off very quickly, and it really annoys me.

For now, I decided to use the silver swords. However, if the silver starts
flaking off, I'll give them some grey swords.

Otherwise,
they make perfect Claymores!  :)  BTW, Claymores and Flamberges could get up
six feet long, so a sword larger than the wielder is not unheard of.

Yeah, that was my line of thought.

I think the Silver Sword is OK for a special or Majical weapon but otherwise
try very hard not to use it.  That has been hard though because I have a
shortage of DkGray swords which means I have more pikemen and archers than
I'd
like.

Try ordering 6038s from the outlets (if they're not all gone by now). Each one
has 3 swords. By ordering 3 6038s (~20 bucks w/shipping) I increased my sword
count by 12!

But spearmen, Pikemen, and Archers were more common than swordsmen.  That is
why I have so few swordsmen(1).  :)

Maybe, but the swordsmen are nicer <grin>. IMO.

Thanks for the comments everyone! I think I'll put a step behind the bar, if I
lower it it'll be way too low.

I ordered some red plates from S@H so once they get here I'll start the second
floor.

-Shiri
"Let's hope it'll be OK, now the commercials..."
http://www.geocities.com/shiri_lego/index.html