 Off-Topic / Fun / 2667
Re: Truck factors (was Re: Instructions on CD ROM?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 21 Aug 1999 03:55:25 GMT

Fredrik Glöckner <fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> wrote
"Moz (Chris Moseley)" <moz1@ihug.com.au> writes:
(long day, pizza, and 67 minute trike ride home averaging 35kph)

You're combining commuting with exercising, I see?  Is that a 67 minute
trip in traffic or in "open air"?

Mostly on bike paths. Well, shared use death traps, whatever you want to
call them. The paths are nice, it's just that sometimes we get a 2m wide
path shared between cyclists travelling 30-50kph, parents with kids on
bikes at 5-10 kph, and pedestrians at 0-5kph (in any direction). It
can be a little nerve-wracking at times.

If you're going in a noisy, trafficated area, that sounds a bit of
a hassle to me.

I dunno. It's exercise, and it means I don't have to make as much effort
to keep fit. Because it's habit, and I have to pay if I don't bike, I
commute by bike a lot more than I would come home and go for a ride.
Cars are very nice to the trike, I'm not sure why. The bizarre factor
perhaps - they're not sure what it is so they keep well clear.

Moz
(back to the virtual Lego, the only sort I have right now)