 Off-Topic / Fun / 2665
Re: Truck factors (was Re: Instructions on CD ROM?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 11:51:01 GMT

"Moz (Chris Moseley)" <moz1@ihug.com.au> writes:

Fredrik Glöckner <fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> wrote
http://www.math.uio.no/~fredrigl/technic/versatile-chassis/travel.mpg

This makes a really bizarre screen saver when full screen on repeat.
I don't know where it comes from but there's jiggling from some other
parts of the image

Yeah, I noticed.  It's probably an artifact of the MPEG encoding.  I can
see if I can encode it at slightly less compression, to see if it goes
away then.  If I still have the original rendered files, that is.
*ponder*

Now, the next challenge will be to animate the piston engine.  I really
wonder how that will look.

(long day, pizza, and 67 minute trike ride home averaging 35kph)

You're combining commuting with exercising, I see?  Is that a 67 minute
trip in traffic or in "open air"?  If you're going in a noisy,
trafficated area, that sounds a bit of a hassle to me.

Fredrik