 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 2270
Re: Instructions on CD ROM?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 14:27:58 GMT

The entire site is currently 4.5GB, including zips which make
up half the space, and catalogs.  So, if you wanted to put just the
scans (no zip files)on cd, you would need 4-5 cd's, depending on how
you divided it up.

Of course, while making cd-r's for your own use should be ok, I strongly
discourage selling of CD's, as that is clearly outside of "fair use",
and exposes you to legal action.

KL

Jason Briscoe wrote:

Has anyone thought of, attempted or suceeded in putting scanned instructions
onto a CD ROM? I would be very interested if someone has done it? also whether
its reasonably easy and of reasonable cost. I am very interested in gathering
together a number of scanned instructions to complement the paper ones I have.

I welcome any response so if you think you might be able to do it, I am
willing to fund/part fund help as far as I can to get this up and running. (if
its not been done already?) - Perhaps someone can suggest a source where I
could get this done?

Regards,

Jason