 Off-Topic / Fun / 2640
Re: Truck factors (was Re: Instructions on CD ROM?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 12:55:36 GMT

"Moz (Chris Moseley)" <moz1@ihug.com.au> writes:

Keep in mind that you are the named beneficiary of at least one will when
saying this, Mr Glockner.

I am?  Wow, I had no idea of that.

My family are currently minding my collection, but I don't think they
realised its real extent yet. It's not obvious unless you think about
it that 100kgs of Lego costs rather a lot, and some of us just have Lego
in those boxes, no packaging or steel reinforcing.

Here in Norway, most people realize that LEGO is a high quality,
expensive construction toy.  It is my impression, although I haven't
actually got any statistics for it, that only very few would ever give
away the LEGO their children leave when moving out.  They would rather
save it for grandchildren (if any).  Only very rarely have I seen people
selling LEGO at flea markets or in newspaper ads, say.

Of course, most people probably wouldn't realize what enourmous bid the
Metroliners, say, get in auctions on the net.

Fredrik