 Off-Topic / Fun / 2655
Re: Truck factors (was Re: Instructions on CD ROM?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 10:48:15 GMT

"Moz (Chris Moseley)" <moz1@ihug.com.au> writes:

Downloaded your spaceship animation onto the real PC the other day. Very cool
at hi res/big screen.

Thanks!  I sampled up the original 384x288 renderings to 768x576 by
using some bicubic technique, and used these to make an MPEG animation.
The resulting animation hasn't really got anymore details than the
384x288 one, but it still looks quite good:

    http://www.math.uio.no/~fredrigl/technic/space/download.html

One negative point is that, at this scale, one can see the polygons
which make up the rounded surfaces.

I've also found that animations are quite nice for displaying how
Technic constructions work.  Here's an animation which displays how the
articulation of an independent front suspension works.  Note the spring
suspension which is compressed:

    http://www.math.uio.no/~fredrigl/technic/versatile-chassis/travel.mpg

Fredrik