 Off-Topic / Debate / 7093
Re: Can Harry Browne do it?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 15:42:56 GMT

   I voted for the exact same reason.  I am sorry to say Harry Browne fared
worse this year than he did 4 years ago.  however, that is probably due to
the closeness of the race, and the fear instilled by the cnadidates, members
of the media, of what would happen if we end up with so and so as president.
I decided not to vote out of fear, it seemed like a bad reason because until
someone other than a Democrat or Republican is elected, my interests won't
be served by the president and probably the government of this country.

"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message
Late last night on C-Span they re-ran a Harry Browne rally from November • 1.
I thought he did a good job of introducing the LP philosophy and I think a
lot of people would hear his message loud and clear if he could get any
decent normal TV spots or a position in a national debate.  I think I • finally
am understanding the LP message, and I find that I like it very much.

My question is:  Can Harry Browne get one million votes that he wants this
year?  And will that be enough to propel the LP forward to progressively
better positions in 2004 or 2008?

In any case, I've decided that I'm not comfortable wasting my vote on Bush
or Gore -- and that a vote for Browne, although on the surface seeming • wasted,
is actually an investment -- if the LP can keep the momentum building.

--Todd