 Off-Topic / Debate / 6985
6984  |  6986
Subject:
Can any third party candidate do it? (was Re: Can Harry Browne do it?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 05:16:38 GMT

Hi Todd-

A vote is never wasted, IMHO.

Personally, if I could, I'd vote for Nader. In MA, that is. In a swing
state, no (anything to keep Bush from becoming president...).

Then again; I'm not a US citizen, nor over 18. Oh well.

It seems to me that more and more Americans are getting frustrated with the
two-party system. By voting for a third-party candidate, *any* third party
candidate, I think you ARE making a statement.
If Nader gets over 5% of the popular vote, he will get federal funding for
the next election. The way I see it, a few elections down the road he will
actually have a good shot of becoming president. Or at least taking a large
enough piece of the election to send the election to the House.

Of course, he won't get even one Electoral College vote this time around.
Hrmph. If anyone wants to debate *that* one, go ahead. I'll be happy to
respond and expand, just not at this time of day.

'night all.
-Shiri