 Off-Topic / Debate / 6980
Re: Can Harry Browne do it?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 21:56:27 GMT

Bush isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, but he's not as dumb as the out of
context quotes make him seem. Not quite, anyway, although it's a near thing.

Indeed:
"The most important job is not to be governor, or first lady in my case."

From:
http://politics.slate.msn.com/Features/bushisms/bushisms.asp

Thanks for that ref, Scott. I hadn't realised just how much these have piled
up, they're almost as hilarious as Quayle-isms.

Does grammar matter? Here's Roger Ebert's view:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/eb-feature/eber06.html

(Ebert is a very well known film critic who doesn't make a secret of his
politics. As a political pundit, he's a pretty good film critic. But he's
right this time, I think... as far as he goes, which is to criticise Bush.
What he overlooks is that Gore, while smarter, would be no better as a
president. IMHO.)

++Lar