 Off-Topic / Debate / 6981
Re: Can Harry Browne do it?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 01:08:56 GMT

(Ebert is a very well known film critic who doesn't make a secret of his
politics. As a political pundit, he's a pretty good film critic. But he's
right this time, I think... as far as he goes, which is to criticise Bush.
What he overlooks is that Gore, while smarter, would be no better as a
president. IMHO.)

++Lar

"And Who's going to be president, Tweedle Dumb or Tweedle Dumber..."

(a free Lego piece to the first one to ID the singer :)

I'm of the oppnion that you need a scorecard to tell just where the 2 of them
stand as regards a issue...and it had better be a white board, because it keeps
changing...

Even here (yes, we have a election going on too...) there is no _isues_, except
that the PM thinks he can get another majority government.  I don't like
Stockpile Day one bit...(ya, so I'm a Communist...you should have seen the look
on the alliance guy here when he got that from me!).  Voting is somewhat a
lesser of the evils thing.  But, VOTE!  Or, at least, go and scribble funny
pictures on your card (write NONE OF THE ABOVE)...do something, because if you
don't vote, then don't complain about what they do when they get elected.

James Powell