 Off-Topic / Debate / 6967
Re: Can Harry Browne do it?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 10:06:36 GMT

In any case, I've decided that I'm not comfortable wasting my vote on Bush
or Gore -- and that a vote for Browne, although on the surface seeming wasted,
is actually an investment -- if the LP can keep the momentum building.

I think the only really way to waste your vote is to not vote. It is a bit
of a tangent, but I think we should all be forced to vote - as long as there
was an option to vote for no candidate. In some parts of the UK turnout can
be below 50%, but between elections 100% of voters feel free to complain
about issues.

Getting back to your election this week. Here, in the UK, Bush is being
derided more then a little. Most serious commentators, appear to be taking
the line - "Can a nation really be stupid enough to vote this guy
president". Some of the facts back this up more than a little (I read at the
weekend he'd only been outside the USA 3 times), but I can't really comment
on the fine detail of policies, such that they exist, as I don't live in the
US. However, I keep thinking - can he really be all that bad? I have more or
less come to the conclusion that:

a) He is the face of quite a good team - Pretty much as Reagen was I suppose.
b) Voters will vote against Clinton (via Gore) by voting Bush

Any thoughts?

And what about Ralph Nader?

Scott A