 Off-Topic / Debate / 7014
Re: Can any third party candidate do it? (was Re: Can Harry Browne do it?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 22:36:07 GMT

(although winner take all isn't such a great
system, I'd rather see a direct popular election)

Me too. Elections are complex enough as is, no need to make it more
confusing for the people with indirect voting. What you get is in fact not
people's wishes.

The history of why we have an Electoral College is fascinating. As with so
many things in our constitution, it was a compromise to ensure small state
support for ratification.

Yep. I've actually spent the past few weeks learning about that. I'm pretty
lucky, I have a really good US history teacher, and I not only understand
what she teaches but actually am interested in it.

-Shiri