 Off-Topic / Debate / 6947
6946  |  6948
Subject:
Can Harry Browne do it?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 23:13:54 GMT

Late last night on C-Span they re-ran a Harry Browne rally from November 1.
I thought he did a good job of introducing the LP philosophy and I think a
lot of people would hear his message loud and clear if he could get any
decent normal TV spots or a position in a national debate.  I think I finally
am understanding the LP message, and I find that I like it very much.

My question is:  Can Harry Browne get one million votes that he wants this
year?  And will that be enough to propel the LP forward to progressively
better positions in 2004 or 2008?

In any case, I've decided that I'm not comfortable wasting my vote on Bush
or Gore -- and that a vote for Browne, although on the surface seeming wasted,
is actually an investment -- if the LP can keep the momentum building.

--Todd