 Off-Topic / Debate / 7094
Re: From Harry Browne
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 15:48:24 GMT

Plus as what I have heard from Harry Browne concerning this.  It is possible
for the president to make presidential orders invloving military, criminals,
how the White House and various agencies are run.  He could and would free
(pardon) all non-violent drug offenders.  He could and would downsize the
military dramatically (assuming the high ups in the military didn't have him
physically destroyed before he had the chance).  further he could throw out
tons of past Presidential orders that presidents for the past 100 years have
allowed to stand.  If the two parties are so different then why do these
orders still stand??

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message

Whether Browne's stances are admirable or not, the simple truth is that
even if he somehow got into The White House, he'd never push any of his
policies through Congress.

The LP is not going for the Ross Perot model of winning elections, in • which
one takes the top office but nothing else. The LP is working for change at
all levels.

Therefore if a Libertarian gets elected president, it stands to reason • that
the party will be strong enough to also elect a great many congressmen and
senators. Perhaps not a majority, but enough to get significant work done.

So I guess I'd say that I disagree with your statement, as it wasn't very
well thought out.

++Lar