 Off-Topic / Debate / 6512
Re: Resolved: Yahoo is good for the 'net (was Re: Lego Maniac's Webring and Yahoo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.publish
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 01:59:39 GMT

[Added .publish to ng list; IMHO, this is actually more on-topic to .publish
than it is to .off-topic.debate...]

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tim Courtney writes:
[...]
Currently (did I go over this before?) they restrict Webring logos to a
50x50 area, where the rest is preprogrammed Yahoo content.  Webring used
to allow you to use your own HTML.  Yahoo's system is programmed to work
better and has a lot more automated features in [the code] - but they didn't
have to be this limiting to the users.

Wow, wait, so lemme see if I can get this straight -- ? -- under the new
Yahoo! Webring system, your ring logo has to be no bigger than 50x50 pixels,
and they add their own gunk by it?  What kind of gunk do they put in there?
Little banner ads and stuff?

Are there any examples up yet of people using the new Yahoo! Webring system?
(I'm not doubting any of what I'm hearing, I just wanna see it so I can fully
grok what changes have occurred.)

--Todd