 Off-Topic / Debate / 6466
Re: Bridges (was Re: Lego Maniac's Webring and Yahoo)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 18:05:04 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, James Brown writes:

One of the strong points of the
CB project is that the design, construction and maintenance were considered as
a whole, not as seperate aspects.  Linking those gives a very solid, economic
motivation for good design and construction, because they are going to have to
build & maintain what they designed

The government got lucky, I'd say. designing for lowest total cost of
ownership is something that government projects usually completely miss, with
their emphasis on lowest initial cost.

Has anyone used the concrete forming plant/prefab section marshalling yard
that was built subsequent to the initial use? Reading between the lines I got
the impression that some reuse of that was used in the costing assumptions.

++Lar