 Off-Topic / Debate / 6442
Re: Lego Maniac's Webring and Yahoo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.publish
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 22:31:48 GMT

2 - is Web Ring a trademark? I dunno. What else can you call it, though?

According to the USPTO, Yahoo! (via GeoCities) has a registered servicemark
on WEBRING, with pseudo marks WEB RING and WE BRING, in the goods and services
category of "Computer software, namely a navigation tool that enables users
of a global computer network to obtain access to linked websites that contain
information and services related to specific subset areas."

Thus, if any webring is moved off of Yahoo!, it should avoid using the word
"Webring" in its title.

--Todd

ObDisclaimer: IANAL