 Off-Topic / Debate / 6479
Re: Lego Maniac's Webring and Yahoo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 23:33:38 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tim Courtney writes:
Reread about what a free community really is (that is, not free). Everything
gets paid for somehow.

Again, a nitpick, true in principle but IMO so miniscule its not worth the
time discussing.  Put it this way, the ring is from the way I see it something
that will take up minimal resources and therefore won't need to cost much.

I should probably clarify this statement.  I'm not saying that I know how much
programming or effort it will take Todd to do this, and I realize that his
time pretty much equals money here.  I'm making a half-assumption here based
on what we want to do with this, and how it will integrate into the rest of
Lugnet.  I'm also basing this on the priority of the project, which is lower
than certain other things he's working on -- something that I understand and
support completely.  Fist thing's first here.

So, I guess I'm thinking/hoping/believing that it won't amount to much, but I
very well could be wrong.

-Tim