 Off-Topic / Debate / 5322
Re: Idle Ramblings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 22:13:13 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Philip Ogston writes:

And you
can learn how to please people who don't actually know how to recognize high
quality work (like corporate managers and human resources departments).

If that works, I won't have any trouble finding a job. ;-)

Well, don't count on it.  I did well on a lot of standardized tests and
required essays because I knew the rules to follow, but I've been looking for • a
job for nearly a year now.  It seems that you not only have to know the rules,
you also have to be willing to restrict yourself to following them.  Thing is,
my B.S. degree is good, but my just plain BS isn't.

If you haven't already, read "What Color is Your Parachute".  A great book of
practical advice on job-hunting.

Bruce