 Off-Topic / Fun / 5046
Re: Idle Ramblings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.people
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 12:10:23 GMT

Shiri Dori wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Karl Martinson writes:
Or, hold your dreams until after my midterms (coming
up tommorrow, OMG!!)

Well at least you don't have to take the MCAS (1)!!!  Uch, bleah! I had the
long composition part today, I totally blacked out and barely managed to write
the stupid essay.
And I still have 5 more testing days in May. Ugh!

I heard an NPR report about this test yesterday.  They interviewed a
10th-grader who was organizing a protest against the test by having
around 40 students write about a different topic than the one that was
prompted in the test.  The guy sounded intelligent and was articulate
but I just didn't really understand exactly why he thought the MCAS was
not a good test...I just got a vague impression that the protesters
thought there might be better assessment tools...

Oh well, I just love when LUGNET has posts that are relevant and topical
enough to be mentioned on a national broadcast.

-Shiri

(1) Mass-ACHU!-setts Comprehension Assessment Standard... a standardized test
for MA.

--
Thomas Main
main@appstate.edu