 Off-Topic / Debate / 5295
Re: Idle Ramblings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 20:00:23 GMT

I've just GOTTA stick my two cents into this one.  I've been going to the same
school district for 13 years; (I'm a senior, YAY!) good ol' Albia Community
School District in Albia, IA.  And they are the most bass-ackward bunch I've
ever seen.  They try to "prepare" you for the rest of life, when all they
accomplish is wasting 7 hours of your day, filling your head with stuff they
read out of a book!  Do any of these teachers KNOW anything about the subject
they teach?  I say not many.  I mean, unless I'm gonna be an Advanced Algebra
professor at some college, am I ever gonna have to know what X - (2Y pie r
squared, minus, cubed root, yadda yadda yadda?  No.  School sucks, and so does
standardized tests.  Period.  The only fun to be had at school is PE, or when
a teacher actually knows what they're doing and doesn't just go by the book.
OK, now when I get my blood pressure back to normal, I'll move on ;)
-Chris