 Off-Topic / Debate / 27200
Re: Life size guns and assault rifles on Brickshelf-- opinions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 23 Aug 2005 13:18:39 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ross Crawford wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richie Dulin wrote:
   Quoth Lenny (from this post)
   I think Richie should have posted on an adult only forum (like JLUG). But I am not calling for his post to be deleted, I am giving my opinion of what he should have done.

Maybe. Does a call to post to an adult only forum count as a call to act with more sensitivity? Besides, I think labelling JLUG an ‘adult only’ forum is neither correct nor sensitive.

I would just like to point out to all that seem to have formed an incorrect opinion about what JLUG is: JLUG is NOT an adult forum. From the user agreement, JLUG “..is for discussing any facet of creating with bricks but is intended for a mature audience.” Mature does not equate to adult.

What does “mature” equate to? Typically the adjectives ‘mature’ and ‘adult’ mean the same thing (Mature Language/Adult Language, etc). Or are you suggesting that non-adults can participate in JLUG?

Funny thing that you would specifically mention JLUG is for a “mature audience” - I can’t think of any online forums that I would characterize as mature.

-Lenny