 Off-Topic / Debate / 27195
Re: Life size guns and assault rifles on Brickshellf-- opinions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 23 Aug 2005 05:59:43 GMT

As for BrickShelf, I don't have any strong opinion about it - I personally
tend
to agree with you, but I also fear overzealous censorship.  Just looking
at
pictures probably won't enable most kids to build one of these, so I see
it as a
much weaker issue than the same models appearing on LF.

Best,¬
- Joe

I agree, Joe.  The effect would/will probably be minimal, if at all.  Having
seen how kids react to the replica I made, I would definitely not encourage
them to be exposed to it given the reactions I've seen.  I don't think most
children have developed a real strong understanding of the concept of death,
and it really bugged me to see them so cavalierly aiming and "shooting" my
replica at friends and family.  I decided then to stop bringing it with me
to public meetings because of this.

Dave S.