 General / 51481
51480  |  51482
Subject:
Life size guns and assault rifles on Brickshellf-- opinions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 21 Aug 2005 01:26:13 GMT

Hey all,

I’ve noticed lately that there has been a serge in the amount of MOC’s built on the theme of guns and assault rifles. Now I really don’t want to cause a fuss considering there are weapons throughout the Lego line but for some reason life size renditions seem a little different. Personally in my opinion they should be posted elsewhere since the MOC’s don’t really stick to the ideals that Lego stands for. I would like to compare the life size weapons to the model of Auschwitz. The first thing that comes to mind when I see the latest full-scale legoized weapon is what they represent, hate, destruction and death. Now I don’t want to say that I’m against guns or the right to build Lego versions of them but I would personally like to see them posted on maj.com with a disclaimer rather than Brickshelf where tons of kids are going to see them.

In short I would rather see kids enjoying Lego rather than being shot by a cop mistaking a MOC for the real thing.

here’s what i’m talking about:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Viet-Kong

What’s your opinion?

Ondrew

P.s. I have set follow-ups to “lugnet.off-topic.debate” since I unfortunately feel this will probably be a heated thread. My apologies in advance.