 Off-Topic / Debate / 27198
Re: Life size guns and assault rifles on Brickshellf-- opinions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 23 Aug 2005 12:04:01 GMT

I understand your point Dave. I think that its up to the parents to make sure
that Brickshelf isn't the first place their kids learn about guns especially if
there are guns in the child’s home.

At have a .357 Magnum in my closet (locked in a gun safe w/ trigger lock) and
have talked gun safety with my 8 y/o son and educated him on what to do when he
encounters a gun.

I would hope that seeing a LEGO gun on the internet would not negate the lessons
that I taught him about guns and gun safety.

There again I don't have an answer to if gun replicas should be on LUGNET &
Brickshelf, but I do believe it's up to the children's parents to teach their
children how to be safe around guns, real or not.

jt

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, David Simmons wrote:

As for a loaded .38, who doesn't know how to pull the trigger?  Not trying
be cheeky here, I just there's a pretty big difference between halftracks
and handguns when considering the odds of what a child will encounter in
his/her daily environment.

Dave S.