 Off-Topic / Debate / 27191
Re: Life size guns and assault rifles on Brickshelf-- opinions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 23 Aug 2005 01:18:22 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   Keep in mind that I have never argued that Richie shouldnt have the right
to build what he likes and post it whereever he likes. My argument is that
he should have acted with more sensitivity on a subject as explosive as
the Nazis.

Your argument is that I should have acted with more sensitivity?
Quoth Lenny (from this post):

   I don’t think this is funny. The ship design is uninspired and
non-humorous. The Adolf Hitler fig isn’t very striking, nor is he
funny either. The description of your MOC is pretty plain, and not
funny. The only thing at all amusing is the shock factor, but once
it wears off, theres nothing else to keep my interest. Plus, I think
this sort of thing (especially that you publicized it soo much(1)) is
bad press for the AFOL community at large.

-Lenny

(1) = What happens on JLUG can stay on JLUG - but Lugnet, et al. is a different story.

A truly great example of sensitivity there. Even so, I’m not seeing the call for acting with more sensitivity in what you wrote.

And another one:
Quoth Lenny (from this post)
   Since I didn’t know Richie, and nothing in his post spoke against it,
there was no way that I could say definitively that he wasn’t a neo-nazi.

The sensitivity flows like a river.

And did you actually call for sensitivity?
Quoth Lenny (from this post)
   I think Richie should have posted on an adult only forum (like JLUG). But I am not calling for his post to be deleted, I am giving my opinion of what he should have done.

Maybe. Does a call to post to an adult only forum count as a call to act with more sensitivity? Besides, I think labelling JLUG an ‘adult only’ forum is neither correct nor sensitive.

Regards

Richie Dulin