 Off-Topic / Debate / 27112
Re: Schpiffkraft Hakenkreuz
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 2005 20:05:19 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Samuel Morrison wrote:
   I have to disagree - horrible though it was, there was more to Nazism than just hate...

Adn does it really matter WHY millions were killed?

I’m not arguing that Nazism is only hate - but that is based on hate. And yes, it does matter, to me. The people who killed thousands fighting the Nazis do not bear the same responcibility as the those who killed innocents for no reason except the color of their skin or the religion.

   I like your EB MOCs, Lenny, and I think that this one may have crossed the line in polite society, but I think some of the defenders here have a point. Why does a symbol make a MOC horrible while others embrace the same spirit in their MOCs?

You’re reading too much into the criticism. My criticism is very simple: The MOC is potentially deeply offensive, poorly designed, and unfunny. I think Richie should have posted on an adult only forum (like JLUG). But I am not calling for his post to be deleted, I am giving my opinion of what he should have done. That isn’t censorship, thats my free speech.

   And, um, your EB MOCs aren’t exactly peaceful.

Many of them are. But I never claimed that they were all peaceful. The Eastern Block maintains its right to defend its borders from those who seek the EB’s destruction.

-Lenny