 Off-Topic / Debate / 27201
Re: Life size guns and assault rifles on Brickshelf-- opinions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 23 Aug 2005 13:53:02 GMT

   Did I make you cry Richie? Were my posts so offensive to you personally? Or.. can you really not take constructive criticism without whining about it?

I doubt you’ve made Richie cry but you’ve certainly made me irked. Stop acting as though you are somehow superior. You’ve been picking fights just as much as he has.

   In the responce to Clint - I meant sensitivity in regards to how you portray Nazism. Especially considering that there are people around for whom Nazism and Neo-Nazism has a very real effect on their lives.

If you are one of these people, you have a valid right to make a complaint. If you are not then you have as much right to judge as Richie or anyone else. Maybe if you feel so strongly you should go picket every film, book, magazine and comic that has ever made light of the Nazis for the use of comedy. There are quite a few you know. I’m sure it will keep you occupied for a long time.

   I did not mean sensitivity as in hand holding someone who is out to get shock value over some lame. If you really think I haven’t been sensitive to you, then why wait til now to attack me for it? You keep talking about how you want to get better as a builder - why don’t you actually follow some of the advice given? Why keep bringing it up and attacking me?

Of course you’re attacking nobody.

   I think you’re trolling for more fight, so this is the last I’m going to reply to you.

And I’m taking my Lego home too. You guys are mean!

   If you really want to participate and increase your space building skills, then I’ll help as much as I can.

-Lenny

That’s very kind of you.

Tim

PS. Your dictation of what is valid and invalid humour based entirely on your own cultural prejudices borders on racism.