 Off-Topic / Debate / 23304
Re: This is where I actually want a gun
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 2004 01:20:58 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:
   Which is probably why I shouldn’t be allowed to get one...

Seriously, I’d buy the bullet and pull the trigger. She was 11 years old.

I’d suggest you let justice take its course;

Oh, you mean in the way that he was in and out of prison like spinning in a turnstyle?

   it may transpire that this guy was/is unstable in some way. Even if he does turn out to be 100% ‘evil’, killing him after the event will accomplish nothing.

Wrong. Stops him from ever doing it again.

   Understanding “why” would accomplish more.

What is it with you Liberals? What is there to understand? Evil is evil. Stop trying to understand it and start doing something about it!

   Vigilantism (and the death penalty) has no place in civilised society. One should only take a life when there is no other option.

If there is no other option, is killing then somehow “civilized”? How many people does a wretch like this need to kill before you lose your civility? Is incarcerating a human for his natural life necessarily “civilized”? Is allowing a monster to keep his wretched life while he showed no such mercy to an innocent little girl “civilized”? What you should have said is that evil has no place in civilized society.

Dave is spot on in his complete and utter outrage at this unspeakable crime! “Do unto others”. I only wish he could be tortured before his execution.

JOHN