 Off-Topic / Debate / 23349
Re: This is where I actually want a gun
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 17:07:34 GMT

My whole point is so what?  An innocent get killed.  Your idea • releases a
killer and he kills again.  Both result in an innocent killed.  What's • the
difference?

You're speaking as if the only alternative to the death penalty is letting
people free. If you can show me with reasonable certainty that a given
person is a danger to society, then I am willing to put them in prison until
they are no longer a danger. Of course with that whole premise, I expect
there to be several ways to no longer be a danger. At least three
possibilities

1. Turn up new evidence that casts doubt on the original conviction
2. Prove that you have been rehabilitated
3. Become medically incapacitated (if someone is on their deathbed, I think
I'm willing to let him out of prison for his family to care for him)

Frank