 Off-Topic / Debate / 23342
Re: This is where I actually want a gun
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 15:27:30 GMT

   Dave is spot on in his complete and utter outrage at this unspeakable crime! “Do unto others”. I only wish he could be tortured before his execution.

But, John, the death penalty is, so, well, final.

What if there was a mistake? It does happen, you know. Even in these apparently close and shut cases, with “confessions” and neat surveilance videotapes and everything.

My whole point is so what? An innocent get killed. Your idea releases a killer and he kills again. Both result in an innocent killed. What’s the difference?

   What if the prison system was set up so that it didn’t cost the state to incarcerate him, but instead it generated something for the victim’s family?

What if he was worth more as parts than just plain dead? Let him live out his remaining years with a sliver of liver, one lung, one kidney and no eyes, every day people perish for lack of a transplantable kidney, let him repay his debt that way.

What were you saying about torture? On second thought; maybe we have a win-win here;-)

JOHN