 Off-Topic / Debate / 23350
Re: This is where I actually want a gun
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 17:09:54 GMT

"lester Witter" <witter@erim-int.com> wrote in message
news:HstoCt.1xzx@lugnet.com...
The idea of using desth row prisoners as "parts" was explored in a SciFi • story
by Larry Niven (can't remeber the name). The hypothesis of his story was • that if
the condemed were used for parts, then over time, more and more crimes • would
become death penalty to increase the supply of organs. In the story the • man was
condemed for traffic violations.

This is definitely a concern. I think I would be concerned even if it was
done in such a way as to not be a death penalty as Larry suggests.

Frank