 Off-Topic / Debate / 23315
Re: This is where I actually want a gun
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 2004 05:51:34 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

   “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.” Matthew 5:17

I remember my mother quoting that to me. And I also remember in the next breath that she said, “And then he went about changing them.”

Well, I think he did both. He was the Messiah, the hope and King of the Jews, so in that respect he fulfilled the Law and Prophecies. He also introduced a New Covenant, but I would disagree that it superceded the original covenant God made with Abraham. I mean come on, if there is any promise that is faithful and good, it’s one made by God! :-)

So he sort of abolished them and fulfilled them at the same time. Clever guy;-)

JOHN