 Off-Topic / Debate / 23344
Re: This is where I actually want a gun
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 15:49:51 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Lester Witter wrote:

snip

   The idea of using desth row prisoners as “parts” was explored in a SciFi story by Larry Niven (can’t remeber the name). The hypothesis of his story was that if the condemed were used for parts, then over time, more and more crimes would become death penalty to increase the supply of organs. In the story the man was condemed for traffic violations.

Lester

It was also used in “Lexx” the miniseries...

THough in that series, iirc, almost any offence got you put up on the slab to be parsed (even being late for work!), and, again iirc, much injustice (wrongful prosecution) was shown, so people who weren’t even guilty of being late for wark were ‘parsed’.

Boy I love Sci-Fi :)

Dave K