 Off-Topic / Debate / 20780
Re: Property Rights are the foundation of freedom
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 5 May 2003 01:03:43 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richie Dulin writes:
How do you know his or her standard of living is still really good compared
to other nations?

I wish I could locate a cite right now, but the average american believes
wrongly that they are within the top 1-5% of the wealthy in the U.S.

Yes. Australians appear to be similar.

Costello believes wrongly that the average american is doing well
economically, but is probably ignoring all kinds of important criteria in
arriving at that conclusion.

Absolutely. A good average standard of living is not necessarily an
indicator that the average person has a good standard of living.

I always wonder why people who would never favour dividing the wealth of a
nation amongst it's population, are quite happy to do just that in order to
demonstrate the value of their economic philosophy.

Cheers

Richie Dulin