 Off-Topic / Debate / 20742
Re: Property Rights are the foundation of freedom
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 15:56:11 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Costello writes:
As for your assertion about exploitation, bear in mind there are two worlds,
the way things should be and the way things are. Let’s use Nike as an
example, as anti-capitalists everywhere seem to revel in tearing them down.
First off why does a company like Nike move it’s manufacturing out of the
US? Well that’s easy because they know that minimum wage laws cut deeply
into profit, so they look to under-developed countries like Indonesia for
inexpensive labor. They do not enter villages with guns forcing these people
to work, there is no overseer with a whip beating them if their performance
is sub par.

Wow, you really haven't a clue have you?  That's it, just keep living your
comfortable american life on the backs of the poor.  Energy is limitless...

Anybody else want to tackle this one?  I am not sure I can do it without
getting banned from off-topic.debate...

-- Hop-Frog