 Off-Topic / Debate / 20749
Re: Property Rights are the foundation of freedom
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 19:12:44 GMT

<snip>

So Scott, I ask you: wouldn't it be better to actually have compassion than
to merely worship a compassionate god.  Your faith is an empty gesture if
you cannot yourself experience a tiny bit of empathy.

No empty gestures for me, thanks -- I'd rather commit no sins in the first
place than to be forgiven for them.

I think I finally understand the popularity of Xtianity.  See: "The
Pardoner's Tale"
http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/etcbin/toccer-new?id=Cha2Can&images=images/modeng&data=/lv1/Archive/mideng-parsed&tag=public&part=32&division=div1

Perhaps god will forgive you.  I do not -- not your complicity, not your
willful ignorance.

-- Hop-Frog

Hey Richard, can we not bring Christianity into *one* thread?

It wasn't mentioned before and equating Scotts ideas to Christianity is
wrongful and unwarranted in this instance.

I'm Christian and, from what I've read thus far in this thread, you and I
are on the same page except here.

Perhaps nothing will forgive you.  I do not -- not your dragging
Christianity into this debate where it's not warranted :)

Dave K