 Off-Topic / Debate / 19287
Re: And now for something completely different...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 19:13:26 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Steven Lane writes:
Quite recently their was a thread on planet moving and I have anoher idea.
Place a ring of powerful hydrogen fueled rocket motors around the Martian
equator and fire them in sequence when the planets rotation brings them
round to the front. You could then slow the planet bringing it's orbit
closer to the sun therby brining it into the crucial temperate region
surruonding the sun. Once their simply speed the planet up again. You might
need a chimney to get the rocket eflux above the atmosphere. It would
probably take ages but the effects shoud be cumalative.

And change the entire gravitational map of the solar system?  No thanks.  I
don't think we could calculate the possible repercuissions of such a move...

Jason