 Off-Topic / Debate / 19305
Re: And now for something completely different...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 20:46:19 GMT

In decrying The Straight Dope as a biased source unworthy of further
attention, you should also pitch Carl Sagan on that pile, since he was
vocally opposed to further manned space exploration.  You may certainly be
comfortable with dismissing Sagan, but it would be worth clarifying why you
dismiss him as biased.

No. If two sources come to the same conclusion about something and one is
biased and unworthy of further consideration that does not so tar the other
source.

Anyway, I can hardly believe that you're arguing in favor of additional
(or maintained) government spending on space research.

But I am not, in fact arguing that at all. I'm arguing for private
exploitation of space. Not exploration, exploitation, and private funded,
not government funded.

Exploitation takes humans.