 Off-Topic / Debate / 19157
Re: Freedom from information
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 18:07:26 GMT

<snip>

What hasn't The Simpsons parodied yet?

Sorry I missed that one.  Since the Prisoner is being brought up, why did 6
drive a 7?  More importantly, could Larry fit into one?

-->Bruce<--

I am not a number, I am a free man....oh, my Liberal Social Security number
is 000-00-0006....as I was saying...

Just in case you're flipping thru the channels and come across a Simpsons
ep--here's the brief overview of this particular ep (iirc)

Homer starts his own website but is getting no hits.

So he starts eavesdropping on townsfolk and putting up all sorts of true but
tabloid stuff up on his websie, exposing all sorts of interesting 'backroom'
stuff and corruption.  But he does it all anonymous-like so no one knows
it's Homer--his website says he's Mr X (or somehting like that).  That is,
until someone wants to give Mr X an award--then, of course, Homer blows his
cover to get the award.

Well then no one in town will say anything juicy around Homer, so he starts
making stuff up and putting it up on his website.

Then, much like that Mel Gibson/Julia Roberts/Patrick Stewart movie (which I
can't remember the name of--'Conspiracy Theory' me thinks), one of Homer's
'made up' stories hits a little too close to home for the 'ones in charge',
so they kidnap him and take him to the island village.

Then it just progresses from there, parodying "The Prisoner".

Homer escapes, gets back home, throws out "Substitute Homer" (who was very
funny), and proceeds to live in his house.  That is, until 'they' come for
him again, this time taking his entire family back to the village, where
Marg remarks something like the place is clean and neat, and they serve tea
and cookies, but they have to live with being knocked out via gassed all the
time...

So there you are.

Dave K