 Off-Topic / Debate / 19125
Re: Freedom from information
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 21:11:51 GMT

I have not read the book, but a friend of mine use to get his daily (weekly?
whatever) e-mail message.  Moore was quite a good writer.  Much more
coherent than say, a Rush Limbaugh.  I'll have to get the book, now.  :-)

A good writer of fiction and propaganda, yes.

And to be fair, that's all he claims to be. When pressed, he doesn't claim
to tell truth. My issue with him is that he doesn't disclaim very well at
all and the credulous are (perhaps deservedly so) taken in and treat his
words as truth. And he revels in that.

I've been to Flint MI (setting for his previous work "Roger and Me") and
I've been to Littleton CO as well. He plays to those in the world that can't
keep the difference between fiction for drama's sake and fiction for
propaganda purposes straight. He plays to those in the world that get their
viewpoints and pseudo facts from West Wing.

I don't think much of him as a person, whatever his talent.

PS This post should in no way be construed as a defense of the coherency (or
lack of it, I should say) of Rush.

++Lar