 Off-Topic / Debate / 19144
Re: Freedom from information
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 16:19:58 GMT

You're also correct that the range of possible political stances is
certainly a spectrum rather than a sharp delineation.

No. There's more to it than that. I am saying it's a field (of two or more
dimensions), not a spectrum (which is one dimensional).

We have in the past discussed possible axes... Using such axes it's possible
to more correctly describe areas of congruence and dissonance. You and I are
congruent in many areas and vastly differ in others, which a one dimensional
metric fails to capture. Similarly John and I have areas of congruence and
dissonance.

Libertarians are often described as social liberals and economic
conservatives. While highly inaccurate/oversimplified, it's at least more
accurate than saying we're "moderates". We are nothing of the sort, we're
quite radical. (and not monolithic either).