 Off-Topic / Debate / 19152
Re: Freedom from information
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 17:20:54 GMT

-Who has never felt that The Simpsons has 'jumped the shark tank'.

Tank? What tank? There is no tank.

http://www.jumptheshark.com/

In the original episode of Happy Days, I believe the shark was in a
makeshift tank, or bin (I only saw the ep. once and that was so long ago I
can't remember).  Before the website, as posted above, was around, the
euphimism for any show that has gone south was known as "jumping the shark tank"

Of course, there was that wonderful 'That '70's Show', when Fez is talking
about what a wonderful thing it would be if there was a show on television
where a guy in a leather jacket would be waterskiing and jump over a shark.

You see Fez, pseudo-water-skiing, wearing a leather jacket, and this shark
fin go by the bottom of the screen...

Then Hyde interrupts him and says, "That show would suck!  It would suck so
much that the entire series would go downhill form there and would never be
good again..."

I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes.

Dave K