 Off-Topic / Fun / 10198
Re: The Prisoner Series--was Re: Freedom from information
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 13:47:11 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, James Stacey writes:
Thanks!

Combined with my 2 a.m. status, that show was really weird.  Now I know it
wasn't just me, it was the show itself ;)

Dave K

The truth is by this point in the show, Patrick MacGoohan was writing and
directing it himself, and thats when it started to go a little .. shall we
say odd.
Being a fan of the program I have to say the straightdope article is a
littile harsh, I'd stronly recomend watching the earlier episodes some of
which make sense. :)

oh and if you like to know about portmeirion (not that you would), I worked
on the site http://www.portmeirion-village.com

James
I'm am not a number I'm a minifig!

If there were 17 eps, I've seen half the series.  CityTV ran the series a
few years back, and I watched when I wasn't so tired (12 a.m. to 1 a.m.)

It was just that particular 2 a.m. ep that left me wondering what was going on.

My overall impression of the episodes I saw was that it was a pretty neat
premise for a television series.  I mean, I did stay up to watch it, so I
must've liked it ;)

Dave K