 Off-Topic / Debate / 19137
Re: Freedom from information
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 13:48:23 GMT

I find that I can form opinions by
using Conservatives as a sort of sounding board better than I can Liberals.
Though I find discussions with you and -->Bruce<-- intellectually stimulating,
you two, at least for me, are exceptions rather than the rule.

See, I think this paragraph very neatly spotlights the problem with the one
dimensional labeling system in use (because it's simple?)

left-right ... liberal-conservative

To be fair you did not explicitly label Bruce and Dave! (1) But the
inference that most any reader would draw is that you have.

I would reject that label. Bruce is not "liberal", per se, and neither is
Dave! (1) Their positions are much more complex than that. As are,
presumably, yours.

++Lar