 Off-Topic / Debate / 19156
Re: The Prisoner Series--was Re: Freedom from information
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 17:56:51 GMT

K, this is a question for those that actually are fans of "The Prisoner"

A long time ago I woke up at like 2 a.m. and couldn't fall back to sleep so
I turned on the telly and started flipping thru the channels.

I come across what I thought was a 'Prisoner' ep. but he actually escaped at
the end of the ep.  It was in this semi with a trailer with glass walls or
something along those lines.

Is that the way the series ended?

The order of the episodes is apparently the subject of much debate, they
apparently were shown in the order they were completed (as the series was
much behind schedule, over budget etc) rather than an order that makes "sense".

"Fallout", the episode you (I think) refer to, was the last one filmed,
filming actually commenced after the series had been canceled, and was if
anything more rushed/rewritten during filming than others. There was a
crunch to get it done so a lot of stock footage and scenes that weren't
quite right etc.

PMG does not, apparently, answer questions in a logical straightforward way
but most believe that Fallout was supposed to tie up loose ends, or at least
arrive at some sort of closure. Or at least allow the circle to go around again.

For much more info: http://www.the-prisoner-6.freeserve.co.uk/

Hope that helps.

It helps a lot!  Thanks.

Reading thru the first couple episode synopsis hearkened me back to the day
when I could debate Star Trek eps. with the best of 'em--wow that's alotta
info!  Camera positions and all!

These types of things always bring me back to 'Comic Book Store Guy' on the
Simpsons...

(walking down the road, talking to himself whilst perusing latest comic book)

"Aquaman cannot marry Wonder Woman!  That's absurd!..." (pause while he sees
ICBM racing down the road, "... Oh... I've wasted my life..." *KaBoom!!*

Not that I was a hard core Star Trek freak once upon a time--I can still
laugh at that particular fetish of mine.

Dave K