 Off-Topic / Debate / 19158
19157  |  19159
Subject:
Not in my name!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 18:28:04 GMT

http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/comment-taheri022603.asp

Note that the LP has evinced some support for the antiwar movement,
including some activists marching in some of the same demonstrations that
this writer has profiled.

(see also: http://www.lp.org/press/archive.php?function=view&record=630)

Not sure I agree with the LP stance here. While I oppose the coming war(1)
I'm not sure I want to associate with just anyone random that also does, for
whatever reason.

But then I don't always agree with Churchill, who supposedly once said "if
Hitler invaded hell, I would find something favorable to say about the
devil"... I very well might have left the USSR to its own devices during WW II.

Note: technically this "debate" is over already and I have "lost" since I
mentioned someone mentioning Hitler, and thus by transitive closure have
done so as well.

1 - for reasons that do not deny that Saddam is a fiend and mass murderer,
or even overlook it, as this lot does.

++Lar