 Off-Topic / Debate / 18303
Re: Q. Where is the USA? A. You are standing on it!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 19:10:52 GMT

Maybe if americans would concentrate more on geography and less on Britney
Spears they'd get their 'precision bombing' right the next time...
These surveys are not designed to make american kids look stupid. They're
just made to test general knowledge. I must admit I couldn't name each US
state with its capital, but at least I know where the US are, and I wouldn't
mistake India for Africa on a map...
As for the beer commercials: The Budweiser frogs win.

By the way, is 'knowify' a bit like 'learn'?

Duq

"David Eaton" <deaton@intdata.com> wrote in message
"About 11 percent of young citizens of the U.S. couldn't even locate the • U.S.
on a map. The Pacific Ocean's location was a mystery to 29 percent; • Japan, to
58 percent; France, to 65 percent; and the United Kingdom, to 69 • percent."

I think these surveys are specifically geared to make American kids look
dumb. They should change the survey. How about "Can you find the nearest
Target(R) store on this map?" or "Which beer commercial is better?". Let's
see other countries beat us at Brittany Spears trivia!

It's not like we are more stupider in the here. Like, we just knowify
different stuff than the other country's kids, like New Mexicans.

DaveE