 Off-Topic / Debate / 18046
Re: K, in even simpler terms, for those of us who hate seeing death and killings and such...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 17:02:59 GMT

To which I say, there's no longer a need to go it at all!  Send in the
inspectors, not the bombs!

Are they just not communicating properly?  I'm not saying that a military
option may not be necessary sometime in the future, and I wouldn't trust
Iraq if they told me that the sun was up and it was 12 p.m. local time, but
is Dubya so 'trigger happy' that he is just itching to strike out, even when
Iraq is meeting all the demands?

It seems, to me anyway, anytime a rep. from the White House speaks, they
always mention, "Any attack...", or "If we attack..." which just doesn't
start a good discussion of peaceful solution.

Someone please, for the sake of humanity, explain this to me.

Participation in a conspiracy is dangerous stuff.  There are always loose
ends that you can't tie up.  That's why big awful conspiracies that
require lots of secrecy and participation are silly.  Acting President Bush is,
I believe, worried that more and more attention is being turned to the
conspiracy that he lead to obtain office and that eventually someone is going
to turn up incontravertable evidence of criminal behavior.  He wants to divert
attention while simultaneously boosting his popularity.

If you look at his dad's popularity when we attacked Iraq a decade ago, it shot
up higher than Slick Willy's ever made it.  The problem with timing.  His
popularity dropped faster than he'd expected and didn't get reelected.  He
should have waited ten more months before attacking, but probably he just
couldn't.

The son will attempt the same winning strategy as his father, with some
refinements.  We have to go into a popular war or he won't be reelected -- and
might end up in prison!

Chris

If you see this, and you're slowly convincing me that your interpretation of
what's going on is true, so now I see it, how come this isn't common
knowledge to the rest of the masses?

What's going on?  How can the first ammendment be "taking a back seat" to
'anti-terror' so much as to stop the truth from getting out there?

For fattening my FBI files--Bush, you're policies are idiotic and I would
like to see you and Saddam have that duel--maybe the first duel can be of
wits--but then again, two knock outs due to blunt trauma to the head doesn't
sound too exciting.

Dave K.